- Storage facilities are among the most popular commercial development. Fifty-eight are built and another 10 more are planned.
- A shopping center at the corner of Logan Boulevard and Immokalee Road is already well into the planning stages.
- YMCA is planning a satellite location at Immokalee Road and Collier Boulevard.
- Pelican Nursery, at the southeast corner of Immokalee Road and Collier Boulevard, has been sold and plans are coming along for a plaza anchored by a possible big box store like Lowe’s or Home Depot.
- On the northwest corner of Immokalee Road and Collier Boulevard, Addie’s Corner, a retail site, is planned.
- The plaza at Goodlette-Frank and Pine Ridge, home of a former Sweet Bay supermarket, is in talks to be transformed into a mini-Mercado, a mix of residences and shops.
- One of the “hot zones” right now is the intersection of Collier Boulevard and Tamiami Trail East, where a Wawa convenience store/gas station is planned and Aldi has requested a site in that vicinity.
- Within the “triangle,” which is bordered by Davis Boulevard on the north, Airport-Pulling Road on the east, and Tamiami Trail East on the south, the Walmart on Palm Drive is scheduled to be remodeled; a Porsche dealership is already going in at the corner of Davis and Airport; and a mix of condos, retail and a hotel is planned for the point of the triangle.
- Across from the new Hyatt House, five restaurants have been approved with approximately 450 seats and 296 parking spaces.
- Arthrex is building its new global headquarters next to the Post Office just south of Immokalee Road and west of Goodlette-Frank.
- Along Collier Boulevard at the Interstate 75 interchange, there’s just over 1 million square feet of commercial space approved and ready to go.
For more on residential development, check in on my next post.
If you are considering moving to Naples or selling your Southwest Florida home, I’d love to chat with you.