In a real estate transaction, there are dozens of loose ends to tie up between signing the contract and closing the sale. John R. Wood Realtors are known for our attention to detail during this important phase in which we coordinate and oversee the following steps:
- Deliver earnest money to the seller’s agent
- Recommend and schedule a home inspector and accompany the buyer on the inspection. It is always highly recommended that the buyer attend the inspection along with his or her agent in order to make sure that any issues that come up are properly relayed to the buyer’s attorney.
- Obtain important documents, such as property disclosure forms and condo documents (budget, declaration, association rules and regs, and FAQ), and deliver them to the buyer.
- Recommend mortgage brokers and help expedite the loan application process.
- Monitor all contingencies to ensure that they have been met.
- Recommend service providers for moving, home improvement and repairs.
- Schedule a final walk-through. Again, both buyer and agent should be present.
- Coordinate and attend your closing.
Your John R. Wood agent will work closely with you, your lender, your real estate attorney (if you’ve enlisted one) and the seller’s agent to make sure everything is in place for a smooth and efficient closing.
Typically, a day or two prior to closing, your lender will forward all loan documentation to the title company and let you know the amount required to close. You will be responsible for bringing the balance of your down payment and closing costs (such as lender fees, title company fees, state and local transfer taxes) to the closing in the form of a check or a wire transfer.